Monday, July 13, 2009

Breathe - A Staal Brother Fic

Never wanted this, never wanna see you hurt.
Every little bump in the road I tried to swerve.
But people are people,
And sometimes it doesn’t work out,
Nothing we say is gonna save us from the fall out.
(words Taylor Swift from Breathe)

Taboo. Definition: A moral or cautionary restriction placed upon certain actions by authorities (kings, priests, shamans, etc.) of a people, which if ignored will result in specific negative consequences. In virtually all human cultures there are taboos against specific sexual practices. These prohibitions derive mainly from religious beliefs and long-established traditional beliefs and social customs.

Prologue

First I want to say that I never wanted this. This was never, ever my intention. It might not look like it, but I swear that I’m the innocent party in all of this.
Both men have the same piercing blue eyes. One is blonde, the other a carrot top. Two years apart, they’re as close as brothers can be and more competitive than most. I know I should have seen it, should have realized, but sometimes I’m a little slow on the uptake.

Besides, I was drunk; very, very drunk.

I know that as a defense, it’s not one I should rely on in court. Out of anyone I should know that, but it’s the only one I have. Plus I was on vacation, and you know how the saying goes. C’mon, say it with me:

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Or at least I thought it had.

So I was wrong. Sue me.

Look, I could try and explain why I’m standing between two brothers who look like they’re going to rip each other apart, but I think I’d be better off trying to explain it from the beginning. The very beginning, when I was still innocent.
Well not innocent but…when I could have still plead innocence and gotten away with it. Let’s put it that way.

It started out with a girls’ weekend, some drinking, some dancing and some major shopping. We were staying at Caesar’s Palace and I’d just bought this super cute little metallic number and a pair of killer Prada boots….

No comments:

Post a Comment